Home Forums Off Topic 100 invites to textfugu group on fitocracy – JFDI!

This topic contains 34 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  yani 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

ooh_a_robot

I wish it was Spring already… I think it was about -5 degrees celsius on my way to work this morning :(

insanimal

CHALLENGE APPEARS TO BE WORKING!

noboru (Feb. 8, 2012 – Feb. 14, 2012)

Challenge Type: Fire Fighter Challenge

Description: Looking for a challenge for your office mates? Skip the elevator and see who can go up the most flights of stairs!

Admin message: As the last challenge didn’t work, here’s a new one. No restrictions on entry this time, and a week to sign up before it starts – can you RISE to the challenge and CLIMB a load of stairs?

4 days until start

ルイ

I’m wondering; how do you know you’re doing something “effective”? I mean, I don’t know any work-out gurus and Fitocracy doesn’t have any pre-made workout programs, does it? As a newbie, I don’t have a clue which kind of exercises I should be doing or how often.

On another topic, the ground outside is covered in thick snow and it’s freezing several degrees, so I guess running is out of the question :(

Reiden

That’s true, fitocracy isn’t something that will teach you, it only records. And the points aren’t any close to tell you if it’s ”a good” exercise or not.
    So yeah, if you want it to be effective, you need to make researches on your own or ask people. Especially if you are starting, you don’t want to get hurt doing something the wrong way!!

But as a beginner I would not worry about effectiveness. I mean, strict program, strick diet, strick sleep pattern, not thanks :D

yani

I’m just doing one I found online that seemed like it suited my physical ability (and I add on any extra exercises that I want to try) and were all exercises you probably have done in gym class at some point. Not to mention everything I do is probably categorized in the #YAYOG stuff. One thing I like is that fitocracy explains how to do the exercise correctly. But yeah, can’t help ya there (>.<). I'm sure you could search for beginner groups or something with tons of tips, that place is like way-super helpful.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.